PERSONAL & DBA CHECKING ACCOUNTS
PERSONAL CHECKING ACCOUNT
Our Personal Checking Account (also referred to as Share Draft Accounts) includes a ton of free services and extensive worldwide access. You can open a Personal Checking Account with a $100 first-time deposit. There are no monthly maintenance fees for full-time students (in Georgia), seniors (age 62 & over), anyone working within an accredited educational facility in Georgia at least 30 hrs/wk, or for accounts that maintain a $300 minimum balance all month.
• Unlimited check-writing
• Unlimited VISA© Debit Card usage except for maximum daily withdrawal limit (click here to find out more)
• Unlimited teller services at our main branch as well as thousands of Shared Service Centers worldwide
• Over 25000 surcharge-free ATMs nationwide (plus no additional fee for using any ATM that does charge you a fee)
• Virtual Branch - 24hr online banking & bill payment service (Enroll here or log in from our home page)
• TouchBanking - free mobile banking & bill payment app
• AutoBOND - 24hr automated toll-free phone service
• Live Assistance with our 24hr call center toll-free: 866-525-0619 (Note: Certain activities conducted over the phone with Live Assistance may result in fees, but you will be notified prior to conducting the activity as well on your statement. These fees can generally be avoided by using AutoBOND or Virtual Branch instead.
• Direct Deposit - into your Share Savings/Checking Accounts
• Automatic Transfers, Payments, ACH & EFTs with no service fees
• Check Copies - free through the Virtual Branch
• Monthly Statement - $3/mo mailed or available free online with e-Statements through Virtual Branch (see below)
• Fraud Protection & Resolution: as soon as you let us know your account has been compromised, we spring into action and help you get back to regular banking
• Popmoney - P2P (peer-to-peer) electronic funds transfer system, through Virtual Branch
We also offer Personal, Cashier, and Travelers Checks, plus Wire Transfers & Western Union services.
A monthly service fee of $7 applies to this account; however, we waive this fee entirely if one of the following requirements is met:
• Your Personal Checking Account balance never drops below $300 during the calendar month (reassessed monthly)
• You are a senior citizen (62 yrs old) and currently signed up for Virtual Branch & eStatements
• You are a full-time student in the state of Georgia and currently signed up for Virtual Branch & eStatements
• You work at least 30hrs/wk for any educational facility (in any capacity) in Georgia, and you are currently signed up for Virtual Branch & eStatements.
There is a monthly fee of $3 for mailed statements; however, that fee is waived for all members who sign up for e-Statements through Virtual Branch. Simply log in to your account, click the "Self Service" tab, and click the e-Statements link. Make sure any pop-up blockers you have installed are turned off. Once e-Statements is set up, all forthcoming monthly statements will be available there for up to 18 months. We recommend printing and/or saving them to a hard drive or secured online storage to avoid needing a statement older than 18 months and not having immediate (and free) access to it. We can always retrieve a statement copy for you for an additional fee.
These are the only two recurring fees for this account, and they can both be avoided as clearly explained above. For a complete list of all our fees, including those that may pertain to individual actions, services, or products related to checking accounts, click here.
DBA CHECKING ACCOUNT
Our DBA (Doing Business As) Checking Account functions in the same way but also adds a business name to your Personal Checking Account with no additional fees or restrictions; this allows you to print your business name on your checks and/or VISA© Debit Card and deposit items payable to your business. This is not related to a Business Checking Account, which can only be opened with a Federally-issued EIN or TIN; this account is opened under your name & SSN, with a business name tacked on as a DBA. Account features & fees are identical to Personal Checking Accounts.
To find out more, or to open/add a DBA name to a Personal Checking Account, please contact Member Services.